.

.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kiss my moon. (That's my butt)

I honestly didn't know what to call this...

Anyway...

I've been sitting here for the past 2 hours staring at the screen in my hands, the chipped paint on my nails, and the blue in my phone battery drop from 91% now to 36%.

I've noticed as I've been sitting here how much the sound of a ticking clock scares me... As I sit here motionless, I'll never get those seconds of my life back. One second goes away. There goes another... Tick, tick, tick... That moment is gone. Just as seconds turn into minutes, great times just turn into memories. Thinking about what memories are good and others you shouldn't ever dip your thoughts into.

What is time? It's something you can never see, will never be able to catch up to, and never seem to have enough of when having so much of it, its just never enough.

You think you know what time is? You don't know what it is. Time doesn't even know what time is. You tell me to stop living in the past? Its impossible to live in the now because as I'm writing this, it was written in the past. And its physically impossible to live in the future because that hasn't been discovered yet.

Life is living in the past. It takes .06 seconds to register what you hear. And less than half that to register what you see. (I don't actually know if that's the right number... Something with a 6 in it, I'm just trying to make a point). You can never live in the now, its always the past. But what is the past if there is no "now"? What is a "now" if it's not really "now"? Who invented "now"?

See, time is a lie. There's no such thing as time. Time lives in the past. It'll go on forever, but it won't ever be accurate. The only thing in this world that's "accurate" is time and even then it always changes. Its always different.

Time is like the moon, you say you know what it is, but in reality you have absolutely no freaking idea.

Just like the people at school you think you know, but can't figure out why they like to walk along the sides of the halls in all black with their headphones in both ears by themselves. Just like time, you have no idea. Time and I have that in common. What am I? What is time? No one knows, I don't even know.

You think you know me? You don't. You don't know why I do the things I do nor do you know how I function. I am a clock. I tick and tick and tick because that's all I know. It doesn't matter what I do or how I do it because no one will fully understand. No one will even ask how I do things or why I do it. They just assume they know. When in actuality they can't catch up to me, or figure out why I am my past.

I am time. But if you think about it... We are all time. Because no one knows. No one will ever know. But that's life. Get used to it.

2 comments: